Senior Systems Designer, Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV)
LeverageTek is actively seeking a Senior Systems Designer, Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV) for a permanent position with their Ottawa based client.
Reporting to our client's engineering group, the Senior Systems Designer will be responsible for meeting customer ROV system performance requirements through system level design, coordination with other engineering departments and interfacing with customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interpreting and converting customer requirements into specifications
- System Design Authority for ROV Programs
- Defining Test and Acceptance Specifications for ROV Products, ensuring appropriate levels of compliance are targeted and achieved
- Feasibility studies, including mathematical modelling and simulation
- Working with Project Managers to manage technical scope
- Ensuring appropriate technical documentation is produced for ROV products in alignment with the Product Development Process
- Development of Safety Critical Engineering programs
- Troubleshoot and improve existing products
- Provides input to strategic plans for the product line
- Mentor junior team members
- Bachelor's or Master's degree Electronic Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in:
- Ethernet/USB/Wireless implementations
- Safety Critical Systems
- Motor Control
- ROV Systems
- Autonomous systems
- Communications protocols
- Functional and system specification writing experience
- Possess a good working knowledge of military standards
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary R&D teams, customers and contractors
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills for diagnosing difficult system-level issues.
- Extended range of specialized professional skills and knowledge.
- Good lab skills for system performance analysis are a must.
- A good understanding of system level concepts and the ability to use them for system analysis and specification writing.
- Position requires analysis, planning and coordination of key inter-related activities.
- Must be able to obtain a minimum Secret Level II Security Clearance
Security Clearance: Secret Eligible