Java Environment Administrator
LeverageTek is actively seeking two Java environment administrators for FT permanent roles with their GTA based customer.
NOTE: Applicants must possess a Federal government Enhanced security clearance or have lived in Canada for a minimum of 5 concurrent years to qualify for this clearance.
- Defines and implements solutions and processes for effectively building and deploying Java based solutions into a multi-tier distributed architecture.
- Defines and implements solutions and processes for effectively managing and monitoring a multi-tiered solution including presentation tier, application tier, DB tier and OS.
- Advises support team on technical and functional issues, identifies improvements, determines priority of issues/problems, and actions required.
- Assigns tasks to team members as needed, identifies defects for issues/problems, decides on approaches to resolve issues.
- Adheres to incident and problem management processes.
- Works with diverse development teams to ensure an integrated solution across a multi-tiered distributed architecture.
- Reviews proposed solutions and provides supporting estimates
- Java Build and Packaging using Maven, Ant, and Nexus/Artifactory (or equivalent)
- Automation of build processes using Hudson/Jenkins, CrusieControl
- Installation of software applications into a Windows Server
- Installation of Java application in Java application server such as Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, Glassfish, JBoss.
- Java application server management and configuration for products such as Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, Glassfish, Jboss.
- Multi-stream code management using a central repository (e.g. Subversion, CVS) supporting multiple development teams.
- Monitoring applications servers using tools like IntroScope, jvisualvm, jconsole.
- Using JMX for management, configuration and monitoring of Java based solutions.
- Understanding of the runtime tuning for Java virtual machines (JVM) and garbage collection.
- Management, configuration and monitoring of Windows Server
- Management, configuration and monitoring of VMWare server installations.
- TCP/IP and network diagnostics skills. Knowledge of using network diagnostics
- Knowledge of file transfer services (FTP, FTPS, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, heuristics)
- Possible 7x 24 on call support required
- Installation of software applications into a Unix, or Linux, server
- Knowledge of XML, XSL, XSD, DTD
- IDE (Eclipse, NetBeans, JDeveloper or similar IDEs)
- Experience with web services (JAX-WS/SOAP, JAX-RS/REST, WSDL, WADL)
- Knowledge of security concepts (PKI)
- Knowledge of identity management concepts (X.509, SAML)
- Knowledge of security concepts (WS-* security, SSL)
- Knowledge of identity management concepts (LDAP)
- Software development in Java with specific experience in: JAX-B, XSLT/XPath, JMS, JDBC, Spring, JEE, Servlets, JSF/JSP
Security clearance: Reliability