Business Analyst, Web
LeverageTek is actively seeking a Business Analyst, Web for a contract with their Ottawa based customer.
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications, manage changes to these specifications, and ensure that all documentation accurately reflects the current status of changes and outstanding issues.
- Organize and conduct the requirements review and sign-off process.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct usability research efforts, including defining in-person and online test plans, tasks/scenarios and moderating sessions.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to optimize usability.
- Direct the development and implementation of the intranet Information Architecture.
- Create test strategies, test plans, and test cases/scenarios for various phases of the project lifecycle.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with graphic design team to develop web design, graphics and layout.
- Plan and conduct design usability tests.
- Participate in content mapping activities and facilitate meetings with multiple client groups and content owners to review intranet content requirements.
- 7-10 years of experience as a Business Analyst, including at least 5 years working in a Internet/Intranet/Extranet environment
- 5+ years experience in usability, accessibility and user experience design for the Web
- Experience with overall Web site design, including basic usability, government and industry standards, and Web analytics
- Experience in building and implementing a task/topic based Information Architecture (IA), including working with stakeholders and content providers to map legacy content to the new IA
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience developing, monitoring and implementing testing plans
- Experience in designing workflows, and working with business analysis tools and wireframes
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Visio, Adobe Fireworks, and Optimal Workshop (online usability testing software)
- Knowledge of current Government of Canada (GC) policies, standards and guidelines for the Web
Duration: 6 months
Security Clearance: Reliability