Intermediate Communications Specialist (Social Media)
LeverageTek is actively seeking an Intermediate Communications Specialist (Social Media) for an 11 month contract for our Ottawa based client.
- Prepare and post material to the client's social media channels
- Monitor and respond to comments posted on the client's social media channels.
- Monitor and compile statistics on the client's main web site and social media channels.
- Publish text, photos and video stories to the client's main web site using a web content management system.
- Write appropriate headlines and teasers for social media content.
- Resize, enhance and prepare photos for the web using Photoshop.
- Prepare research on industry trends and best practices
- Coordinate translation of content through the Translation Bureau and in-house translation services as required.
- Must have three to five years of experience working in communications, public affairs or media.
- Must have professional experience of 18 months or more in the last three years using social media tools to communicate with the public.
- Must have good working knowledge of and experience using Facebook and Twitter in a professional communications environment.
- Must have professional experience writing social media content such as teasers, captions and tweets.
- Must have experience gathering and compiling data from analytics tools such as Webtrends Analytics and Facebook Insights.
- Experience in copy editing.
- Must have good working knowledge of and experience using Excel.
- Good working knowledge of and experience using YouTube and Flickr in a professional communications environment would be an asset.
- Good working knowledge of and experience using Photoshop would be an asset.
- Knowledge of web content management systems or web content creation tools would be an asset
- Knowledge of Government of Canada Guideline on External Use of Web 2.0 would be an asset.
Duration: 11 months
Security clearance: Reliability